If spontaneous natural conception is proving difficult, various assisted reproductive treatments, also called ART treatments, are available to help you get pregnant.
Belgian clinics have an international reputation as pioneers in the development of reproductive techniques for fertility treatments:
- Research into infertility
- IVF = In Vitro Fertilization
- ICSI = Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
- IVM = In Vitro Maturation
- Care program for prospective parents with an infectious disease
- Operations for men
- Operations for woman
- Care program for recurrent miscarriages
- Sperm, egg and embryo donation
- Storage of cells and tissue
The best method of treatment depends on the nature of your fertility problem.
In Vitro Fertilisation or IVF
- What is IVF?
- Chances of success?
- Legal restriction
- IVF Procedure
- Special treatments
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Microscopic Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (MESA)
- Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE)
- Assisted Hatching
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) or Screening (PGS)
- How are sperm, eggs and embryos stored?
- Homologous or artificial insemination
- Insemination by donor
Fertility surgery means operations to investigate or improve a woman's fertility.
- Diagnostic surgery
- Operative surgery
Andrology and Endocrinology
Endocrinology is the study of the endocrine system or the hormonal system.
In medicine, andrology is more or less the counterpart to reproductive medicine, in the sense that andrology is the branch of medicine occupied with the male sex organs, their functioning and possible disorders.