In vitro fertilization is a process of fertilization where an egg is combined with sperm outside the body, ‘in vitro’ means ‘in glass’.
IVF may be used to overcome female or male infertility problems and may be an option if you or your partner has:
- Fallopian tube damage or blockage
- Ovulation disorders
- Premature ovarian failure
- Uterine fibroids
- Previous tubal sterilization or removal
- Impaired sperm production or function
- Unexplained infertility
- A genetic disorder
- Fertility preservation for cancer or other health conditions.
- Suppression and stimulation
- Egg retrieval
- Injection in the laboratory
- Embryo transfer
ICSI is a variation to the IVF technique
Belgium is known for having artificial insemination centers specialized in IVF.