Otorhinolaryngology or ENT surgery is a surgical subspecialty that deals with disorders of the ear, nose, throat and related structures of the head and neck.
There are treatments for:
- Middle ear disorders
- Absence or reduction of the hearing with auditory implant installation
- Nose surgery
- Surgical removal of the effects of injuries
- Treatment of larynx disease
- Nose- and ear correction surgery
- Surgery for salivary glands
- Surgery for thyroid tumors and neck tumors
- Surgical management of cancers
- Laser microsurgery of larynx and farynx tumors at an early stage
- Conservative treatments and surgeries for oral cancer, pharyngeal and laryngeal diseases.
The Belgian government spends a lot of resources for the financing of health care. That’s why methods for the treatment of upper respiratory diseases are improving each year.